Thursday, December 11, 2008

Took a while, but...

Pybrain v. 4, my poorly written Brainfuck interpreter, is a success!

Yes, Pybrain v. 1 - 3 did not work. Version 3, the lengthiest, had 177 lines of code. Version 4 currently has 61. It's not complete yet, as I still have to add support for running it as a standalone script and executing a given file instead of just strings from the Python interpreter. Once I polish it up a bit, I suppose I'll post it here.

Version 3 was a complete rewrite (as was the later version 4), and was very object-oriented. Given that resounding failure, I'm not sure that was the best way to go. Perhaps choice of programming paradigm should not be based on one's ability to work bad, stupid puns into the program (e.g. naming the cell class BrainCells).

No comments:

Post a Comment

Please be civil. Or if you're going to be uncivil, don't hold back. It's more entertaining that way.